Causes of female foeticide:-
– Generally families or parents don’t want girl child just because they think they have hefty of responsibilities of daughter .
– There is the belief or we can say a myth that a son will carry the name of a family and daughter’s will have to carry the husband’s family.
– Insecurity,poverty are the main reasons in society for not having girl child.
-As per the decennial Indian census, Sex Ratio of India is 107.48. It means 107.48 males per 100 females in 2019. Therefore India has 930 females per 1000 males. So, India has 48.20% female population compare to 51.80% male population.
Effective measures to control female foeticide:-
– Law must be implemented for this.
– Permanent cancellation of license should be done.
– Campaigns and seminars should be organized to aware young couples and even everyone .
– Marketing of medical tools specifically for illegal sex determination and abortion should be banned.
Female foeticide should be totally and properly banned in India .If we cannot stop female foeticide in coming time the result will be the dangerous. Demography results warned India that in next twenty years there will be scarcity of brides in marriage market because of the decreasing sex ratio.
Daughters should be given same respect as sons and equal fair priority to both. Girls do not have access to education, healthcare, security and more as boys do. This is why parents consider them a burden. Therefore we have to give all the access to girl child so she does not feel alone and isolated from the society. This will help them to create identity of their own.
“RESPECT GIRL CHILD AND MAKE THEM SET FREE TO LIVE THERE LIFE ON THERE OWN TERMS”.